- Games must be played on the current Netplay Build for Air Ride
- Games must be played using the KAR Hack Pack unless said otherwise
- Memory cards must be disabled
- Games must not be played if a player has an unstable internet connection (Ethernet is extremely preferred. If games played on Wi-Fi cause too much lag, the player on Wi-Fi must forfeit.)
- No extra gecko codes allowed except for the defaults. (Unless a specific tournament says otherwise)
- If there is a desync, players must restart the game and will maintain their current score for the total set
- In the case of a tie, extra games will be played until someone wins.
COMPETITIVE GAMEPLAY RULES
- Warmup: 1 minute in free-run to allow buffer/performance optimization and comfortable controls
- Gamemode: City Trial
- Time: 8 Minutes (Unless a specific tournament says otherwise)
- All extra settings must be set to default (Unless a specific tournament says otherwise)
- CPUs are not allowed
- Games are best of 3, with finals being best of 5.
- Grand Finals will be played in split-screen with a 3rd/5th player as the admin/spectator
- Machine Pack must be Vanilla (Unless a specific tournament says otherwise)
Cosmetic mods such as music and city trial textures are fine to use as long as it is agreed upon by both players
Everything besides the following must be left ON/Default:
- The event VS Dedede must be turned off
- The event Kirby Melee 2 must be turned off
- The event Target Flight must be turned off
- Winning a game nets 50 points each
- Third place wins 125 bonus points
- Second place in the grand finals nets 250 bonus points
- Winning the entire tourney nets 500 bonus points
SEEDING & BRACKET
- If a situation occurs where the bracket is not a power of 2, the players awarded "byes" will go to those who signed up first in order if there is no leaderboard available to seed players.
- Players who drop out of the tournament after the players are locked in the night before the tournament will receive a penalty in the next tournament played.
- The games leading up to the grand final are going off the honor system. If a player says they won, they will be given the point.
- If there is a dispute or argument between players, a tourney admin will join the netplay lobby and spectate the session in full to verify scores.
- A player can only pause if there is an issue with the netplay session (connection) or there is a possibility of a desync.
- Leaving the netplay match without both players being desynced or another acceptable reason will automatically count as a loss for that game in session. (ex. 0-1)
- Contact a tournament admin if there are any other disputes or issues not covered here.